President Biden is addressing union members on June 17 at 2 p.m. ET. Union members may watch here.
Delivering for Workers
President Biden has invested in infrastructure, strengthened workers’ rights, protected our retirements, boosted Buy American rules, helped families through a pandemic, lowered prescription costs and more.
Above all, he has championed unions.
That’s why the labor movement is proud to endorse President Biden for re-election.
- Investing in Critical Infrastructure. Labor led the push in Congress for the bipartisan infrastructure law that will create hundreds of thousands of good-paying union jobs, repair our roads and bridges, expand broadband internet, and upgrade our water and sewer systems.
- Enacting Fair Tax Policy. President Biden has stayed true to his promise not to raise taxes on working families and has instead shifted the tax burden to the wealthy and large corporations, to ensure they pay their fair share.
- Protecting Pensions. Under President Biden, union members successfully fought to rescue the pensions of more than 1 million workers who were at risk of losing their hard-earned retirement.
- Strengthening Workers’ Rights. We worked with President Biden and our allies in Congress to ensure we had a pro-labor National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). It was Biden’s NLRB that took the side of workers organizing at Starbucks, and striking workers all across the country.
- Boosting Buy American Rules. President Biden strengthened federal Buy American rules, requiring that any goods purchased with taxpayer money contain 75% U.S.-made content, up from the previous 55% requirement.
- Helping Families Make Ends Meet. We worked with President Biden and representatives in Congress to pass aid for families during the pandemic and enact a child tax credit that gave families hundreds of dollars a month to help make ends meet.
- Requiring a $15 Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors. President Biden signed an executive order requiring federal contractors to be paid a minimum wage of $15 per hour, ensuring that these workers receive a living wage.
Say You’re In
Sign up for mobile messages from the AFL-CIO. Message and data rates apply. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Reply HELP for help. You will receive periodic messages with updates and news about our work.